วันอังคารที่ 26 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2559

A Discourse Approach in Reading Week 3


NARRATIVE


            Today,we learn about the Narrative.First,we read about what is the Narrative? It's the thing that had to nourish and extend the reader's imagination.

Purpose


            The basic purpose of Narrative is to entertain,i.e.to gain and hold the reader's interest in a story.

Types


            There are many types of Narrative likes fairy stories,mysteries,science fiction,choose-your-own-adventures,romances,horror stories,adventures stories,parable,fables and moral tales,myths and legends,historical narratives.


            Then,we put a cross on line in the circle. The scale goes from 0(not at all) - 6(very much).


This is sentences are from the Secrets by Tim Winton 

-I was sensitive to smells.
-I felt close to my mother.
-I was often left alone.
-I felt excluded from the world of adults.
-I like having secrets.
-I was always curious to know things.
-I did as I was told.
-I liked being by myself in special places of my own.
-I felt close to my father.
-My parents and I did lots of things together.
-I noticed small details of people appearance.
-I often did things that now seem to me to be cruel.


            Then, we read the secrets story part one by Tim Winton. 

           Paragraph 1 is an orientation.Teacher assign us to found who, what, when, where and summarize.

Who : Kylie
What : Found an egg in the yard and kept it as a secret
When : -
Where : T
he yard at the back of the new house


A summary of paragraph 1

            She just move to the new house with her mother and Philip but she want to live with her father.She found an egg in the yard and kept as a secret.


            Then we read the story in part one and did exercise B to complete this summary of the first part of the story by adding three fairly short sentences. 


A summary of the first part of the story in page 55

            Kylie feels left out from her mother and Philip's activities. She becomes interested in the chickens in the yard. Somehow her secret helps her to feel less lonely. She finds a second egg and then finds out where others are being laid by an unhealthy-looking hen

-She was happy with out her mother and Philip and sharing the secret with hen.
-Philip tells her that not to open the lid of the bore well but she does.
-She looks on her photo album and misses her father.



Teacher assigned us to answer the question in our blogger.

1.Why did Kylie feel lonely? : Because she felt left out from her mother and Philip's activities.


2.Why did she keep the eggs as her secret?
 : Because it can help her to feel less lonely.


3.Why didn't she live with her father?
 : The story doesn't has the reason that why she didn't live with her father maybe because her father had gone or divorced with her mother.


4.What did she do in the bore well in the back yard?
 : She tried to open the lid of the bore well in the back yard


5.Why did Kylie always look at the photos?
 : Because she missed her father and wanted to live with him.


6.Why wasn't her father in the photos?
 :Because her father had been the photographer in the family.




What are your attitudes with this the lesson?

            I'm interested this story.I think narrative lesson helps me read more because there are typically imaginary,it make me want to follow the story although some vocabularies were hard and the story was long but teacher helped us to translate the story so make me understand the story more.



Phetcharat Boonmee 574102129 57/16

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น