วันศุกร์ที่ 1 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2559

A Discourse Approach in Reading Week 15



Problem and Solution


           Today we studied last lesson that was “Problem and Solution”. First, teacher explained about what Problem and Solution is.


           Problem and Solution is a pattern of organization where information in a passage is expressed as a dilemma or concerning issue (a problem) and something that was, can be, or should be done to remedy this issue (solution or and attempted solution). The problem and solution text is frequently confused with the cause and effect pattern of organization, as cause and effect passages do not propose solutions but rather just explain why or how they happen.






           We started to read an example that is about teen pregnancies.




Source: http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/text-structure/patterns-of-organization/problem-and-solution/







                Next, teacher read a list of problem-solution markers and we repeated after her.




            Then, we did the Skill practice: In the following texts, circling the Problem Markers and highlighting the Solution Markers.


As more and more women take job outside the home the lack of high quality,affordable child cars not only puts working parents in a dilemma but creates a challenge for organizations who wish to hire the best-qulified workers.Some employers have address the problem by establishing their own child-cars centers.






              We had a break around 10 minutes. After a break we did test, that was hard for me. I hope I will past this test.






What are your attitudes towards the lesson?               In my opinion this lesson is very hard for me because Problem and Solution is similar to Cause and Effect. I can find the discourse markers is easy for me.But I had a problem from this exercise because I didn't understand clearly so I tried to listen to teacher when she explained. I tried to do exercise by myself because it harder I have to practice more.






Phetcharat Boonmee 574102129 57/16

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น